Hazel Ramo

Technical Working Group:
Jennifer Tuazon
Jimmy Khayog
Stela Chumacog
Stephanie Filog
Caroline Dale Castaneda
Christine Wagtingan

Some batches havent submitted yet the names of their Batch Representatives. So, it is requested that they submit it to the Secretary through her email address: jl_3jdac@yahoo.co.uk pending the creation of the official email address of the SVS Alumni Association. I'll let everyone know of the official email add once it is created.
dione selly chaokas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Set of SVS alumni Association Officers

Post by d'bontokinian on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Thank you for the update, Dione Selly. Regarding the email addresses being posted on this site, will there be some measure of security that Ryan can include so as to prevent the addresses from being spammed? I'm wary about posting my email address online unless the site is secure, but then, again, nothing is truly secure in this cyberworld.
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paulagne on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi again,

Thank you for the complements. I would take that as your support to our leadership... I still have a lot to learn on what to do and how to make things happen... this is with your support and the entire alumni and the other members of the SVS family as well.

Our secretary will be posting soon the salient matters that we have tackled during the Business Meeting and some of the comments and concerns regarding the Alumni and the centennial celeb.

In the meantime, these are the 2 points that i am tasked to mention in our discussion board. First, some members are reluctant to air their concerns here compared to the facebook because, in the FB they know whom they are discussing with. Second, as agreed, pending the creation of the Centennial Website by a team that will later be identified by the Steering Com, svsbontoc.tk will remain to be the main info point. unless the site shall be created will this become a link.

The Steering Com and the alumni are appreciative of the contributions and countless efforts of the svsbontoc,tk team. and we still look forward to your continuing support and assistance in attaining the vision and mission of SVS and the centennial celebration as well.

Again, thank you to all, and let's keep the ball rolling... Sir Bontokinian, with you indulgence, we will be addressing your 3 concerns in a short while.

God Bless us all... salamat poh uli,... adi tako maum-uma...
paulagne
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:01 pm

paulagne wrote:
In the meantime, these are the 2 points that i am tasked to mention in our discussion board. First, some members are reluctant to air their concerns here compared to the facebook because, in the FB they know whom they are discussing with. Second, as agreed, pending the creation of the Centennial Website by a team that will later be identified by the Steering Com, svsbontoc.tk will remain to be the main info point. unless the site shall be created will this become a link.

The Steering Com and the alumni are appreciative of the contributions and countless efforts of the svsbontoc,tk team. and we still look forward to your continuing support and assistance in attaining the vision and mission of SVS and the centennial celebration as well.

Again, thank you to all, and let's keep the ball rolling... Sir Bontokinian, with you indulgence, we will be addressing your 3 concerns in a short while.

God Bless us all... salamat poh uli,... adi tako maum-uma...

HI Pau and all, I would like to comment on the topic that some members are reluctant to airing their concerns here compared to the Facebook where they know whom they are discussing with. What's the difference here where in they should feel more comfortable and openly raise their concerns. I believe some of the registered members here don't have FB account and they only get updates through this site. We have seniors graduates here who are comfortable with this set up. I don't really get the point why we can't post our comments and suggestion here just like we give our shouts on the FB? Should you think we can best discuss matters in an organized DAP-AY or ATO??? just a thought.

I suggest that since you are the new President and chairperson on the planning committee we would be more interested to hear to what you can have to say in determining which topic to be discussed like what you just enumerated and to make it the 'better grand alumni and centennial gathering or even the best celebration in the history of SVS!¨. This website really needs everyones participation especially you who are based home. It would also be nice if the other committe members, alumni officers and all alumni who have internet access to participate online in the planning even if they are residing overseas.

I believe everyone will agree with me that we need you and the officers cause you are the 'thinktanks'. Fortunately, I feel responsible to share my piece on this matter as a part of this website team but I know Bontokinian has more to say about this as a respected elder in this website team. I will just be here to support and adhere to whatever plans of the organizing committee.

Secondly, let me comment also on the matter ¨as agreed, pending the creation of the Centennial Website by a team that will later be identified by the Steering Com, svsbontoc.tk will remain to be the main info point. unless the site shall be created will this become a link.¨
No problem with this Pau. Whatever the body decided to do... this website is open to all alumni concerns.

GOOD NEWS IS... Much that we would like to keep the website plan, we might as well inform everybody that this website will be applying its own domain name. This means that this SVS website with an address of www.svsbontok.tk/ will soon be converted to .COM or .NET depending on the domain server. I hope our Webdeveloper, Ryan will work on it before Christmas. This has been a wishful thinking for more than a year since the creation of this website. Now it has been answered by a very good Vincentian who is a regular visitor of this site. Though she never joins in the forum discussion she recognized the effort made by the Webdeveloper and its Administrative team for creating this informative site. She therefore offered to sponsor the application of the SVS website domain name to be privatized. Wow! isn't that a big help? I don't know how could we ever thank her for her generousity. Quoting her words ¨... syana nan esang ay makatulong ak anggay... it's not really important to mention my name since I am a private person... ¨

Just my two cents share... Wen, adi kami maum-uma ay sumuportar basta waday kayo kayet sisa ay anchor mi.

CHEERS! Very Happy
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:51 am

Thank you, Paulino, for bringing up your 2 concerns. It should be pointed out that the SVS website is meant to be the place for discussing SVS-related topics so that on a wider circle, some ways could be done to help SVS. If I may say so, FB site is not the right place to discuss SVS-related matters since it is not formed(designed) that way, but this website is. On the 2nd concern, it would seem that the Steering committee is contemplating on a new Centennial website. While this website may not be what others expect it to be, why don't we come up with suggestions to improve on it? Frankly, I also get frustrated (no offense meant) sometimes when I'm on this site trying to formulate my reply to a certain topic under discussion, but, by the time I was ready to send that reply, it wouldn't go through. Maybe I was taking my sweet time on my reply that I'm "bumped" off. Others may have gone through similar experiences here, however my advice is to be patient, let the administrators know about it so that the system can be improved. There's always room for improvement.
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Vincent's School on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:55 am

d'bontokinian wrote:Thank you for the update, Dione Selly. Regarding the email addresses being posted on this site, will there be some measure of security that Ryan can include so as to prevent the addresses from being spammed? I'm wary about posting my email address online unless the site is secure, but then, again, nothing is truly secure in this cyberworld.
We Can Create a Password Protected Board However only those who will be allowed to Visit are the One who will be Given the Password Via the Websites Private Messaging System. Spams are But Natural to EMAIL..
Saint Vincent's School
Web Developer
Web Developer

View user profile http://s4.zetaboards.com/Igorot_Pride/site/

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Saint Vincent's School wrote:
d'bontokinian wrote:Thank you for the update, Dione Selly. Regarding the email addresses being posted on this site, will there be some measure of security that Ryan can include so as to prevent the addresses from being spammed? I'm wary about posting my email address online unless the site is secure, but then, again, nothing is truly secure in this cyberworld.
We Can Create a Password Protected Board However only those who will be allowed to Visit are the One who will be Given the Password Via the Websites Private Messaging System. Spams are But Natural to EMAIL..

Web Ryan and Bontokinian, I guess if we do this then we are limiting the avenue of the visitors whether they log in or not. Providing another procedure like Passwording via websites PMS would add another complication, hehehe... I don't know to others but that's what I think.
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:20 pm

If casual visitors to this site, whether they log in or not, are allowed to view the email addresses of others posted here, what will prevent them from using those addresses for evil purposes? In public forum websites that I have gone to, the general consensus among users is not to post your email address for everyone to see. Our site is a public forum so I'm reminded about this. In one forum, there was a suggestion for users to create another email account that they can dispose off when they can't tolerate the amount of spam that they get. So the onus is on the user which could add another burden or complication for him/her. Since what is being required here are the email addresses of batch representatives according to Dione Selly's post, I suggest that they be warned about the safety of their email addresses when they post them here and take the necessary precautions . Also, it is advisable not to post the email address of another person without prior clearance from that person.
I don't want to dampen everyone's mood here, but to remind everyone that the internet, like the coin, has two sides.
Happy surfing!
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Hello....may I come in...?

That we may easily determine which batch is not yet represented, I am posting again the List of Officers and Batch Representatives. And for those who have not yet submitted the names of their batch representatives, please email it to me in this email address: svsbontocalumni@yahoo.com or send it through SMS in my cp numbers ---- TM – 09068839845 and Smart – 09205290982.

NEW SVS ALUMNI OFFICERS
Date of Election: October 30, 2010

President : Paulino D. Tumapang, Jr.
Vice President : Alice Arlene F. Fillag
Secretary : Leticia F. Dacawe
Assistant Secretary : Frances T. Culallad
Treasurer : Genevieve L. Sagandoy
Assistant Treasurer : Mellicynth D. Yodong
Auditor : Joan A. Miranda

Business Managers : Ellen L. Gironella
Carmen W. Magalong

PRO : Gwyncel Kay A. Bacwaden
Dionne Selly Chaokas
Ferdinand C. Castaneda

Sgt. At Arms : Helen C. Gasmena
Karen D. Lumiwes

Technical Working Group : Jennifer C. Tuazon
Jimmy Khayog
Stella Chumacog
Stephanie Filog
Caroline Dale A. Castaneda
Christine Wagtingan

Batch Representatives (Elementary / High School):

1950 - 1955 (Can be clustered)
1955 - 1960 (Can be clustered)-
1959/1963 -
1960/1964 -
1961/1965 -
1962/1966 -
1963/1967 -
1964/1968 - Naty Pat-ogan, Clementina F. Diohen
1965/1969 -
1966/1970 - Mary T. Falag-ey
1967/1971 - Paula Sawi
1968/1972 -
1969/1973 - Virginia A. Fagsao, Claudio B. Pancho
1970/1974 -
1971/1975 -
1972/1976 -
1973/1977 - Natividad T. Orprecio, Josephine Kag-ayed
1974/1978 -
1975/1979 -
1976/1980 - Marilou Faculo, Maria Wanchakan
1977/1981 - Marcellius Diaz, Robert Yawan
1978/1982 - Jean Komowang, Bertha Alingkayon
1979/1983 - Jacqueline Kiat-ong, Magdalena Bangsail
1980/1984 - Clifton Changat, Estela Matiw
1981/1985 - Hermie C. Castaneda, Teresita Balaso
1982/1986 - Ana Marie Magwa, Margaret Tumingeb
1983/1987 - Claire Lopez, Efigenia O. Padong
1984/1988 - Florence C. Balteo, Carmelita C. Olimpo
1985/1989 - Eugene Pachingel, Ingrid Claver
1986/1990 - Fredrick Tudlong, Jennifer K. Fesway, Evangeline B. Santos
1987/1991 - Annie Grail F. Ekid, Jennelyn W. Caluza, Fe F. Singlot
1988/1992 - Cesar Guilet, Marceline Chalapas
1989/1993 -
1990/1994 - Sharon Odangga, Alpha Lopez, Rosito Cam-ed
1991/1995 - Monette C. Alapan, Joy C. Cabradilla
1992/1996 -
1993/1997 -
1994/1998 -
1995/1999 -
1996/2000 -
1997/2001 -
1998/2002 -
1999/2003 -
2000/2004 -
2001/2005 -
2002/2006 - Jonas Chumacog, Dublyn A. Castaneda
2003/2007 - Krizza Mae T. Facullo, Janine C. Amongan
2004/2008 - Caroline Dale A. Castaneda, Randall D. Lumiwes
2005/2009 - Jamilah C. Tuazon, Roanne Yango
2006/2010 -
2007/2011 - Christy Che-es, Hazel Ramo

These are the only names that I was able to get during the Alumni Day on October 30, 2010 even after the Business Meeting. We came up with having these batch representatives that they may help in the dissemination of updates and other concerns to their respective batch members. As such, hopefully no batch is left out.

Thanks and regards,
LETICIA FAED-DACAWE
Secretary, SVS Alumni

Last edited by Dale on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dione selly chaokas on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:17 pm

manang damsy , sam kad icheck spelling si nagan ko, single N nan Dione... hehehe ty baka waday to masap2ul ko ay papers or recommendations from Alumni Association in the near future yah baka adi to in pareho... hihihi salmat manang.. iyaman unay...

hopefully the other batches would come up with their batch reps already...
dione selly chaokas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:40 am

dione selly chaokas wrote:manang damsy , sam kad icheck spelling si nagan ko, single N nan Dione... hehehe ty baka waday to masap2ul ko ay papers or recommendations from Alumni Association in the near future yah baka adi to in pareho... hihihi salmat manang.. iyaman unay...

hopefully the other batches would come up with their batch reps already...

Hello DIONE....dey ading ko, correct spelling et nagan mo isna a....hehehehe.. Thanks anyway for calling my attention. Nay, in-check ko et isna ka notebook ko.

Have a nice day ahead!

Thanks and regards,
DAMSEY/LETICIA F. DACAWE
Dale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dione selly chaokas on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:07 am

hehehe salamat manang ko...
dione selly chaokas

View user profile

Back to top Go down