French TV Journalists Visits SVS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

French TV Journalists Visits SVS

Post by yang-ew on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Retired English Literature teacher and book author, Mrs. Florence K. Chaokas lectures to SVS High School students on Bontoc culture. Her lecture is part of a French Television channel coverage/documentary about the Philippines. The French TV channel website, http://fautpasrever.france3.fr/

SVS Pattong Dance Squad performing the Bontoc War Dance. Mr. Julian Chumacog with others students on the background.

French TV Journalists, Laila and Morad (camera man) did a shooting in Cavite- Penaflorida's school on a cart then moved on to Bontoc. On this photo are Bobby Changat (SVS alumni), Joel Fagsao (Ili ay Kalalaychan "Fan Fage and www.mountainprovince.net) and Florence Chaokas (retired teacher and Writer).

While being interviewed for French TV, SVS reporters with Ancet Culallad (Gangsa news adviser) interview Laila, the French journalist.
The above photos are courtesy of "Bontoc, Ili ay Kalalaychan Fan Page" Thank you Mr. Joel Fagsao

Related news updates will soon follow.

Last edited by yang-ew on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:28 am; edited 3 times in total
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Re: French TV Journalists Visits SVS

Post by cbenna on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Here is the article from MP Exponent 1-30-11 issue

French TV features Bontoc culture
A team from France 3, a French government TV channel based in Paris, France, visited Bontoc last January 17, 2011 as part of a documentary on the Philippines.

Two journalists, Ait-habroouche Morad and Laila Agoram were set to get a story on Bontoc’s head hunting past. The setting for the documentary took place at Saint Vincent’s High School. Being a School of Living Traditions, the journalists covered the lecture on head hunting among the Bontocs by book author and retired English literature teacher, Mrs. Florence K. Chaokas.

Mrs. Chaokas gave a talk to the Social Studies IV class on Bontoc’s culture of headhunting. She traced the beginnings of head hunting, the reasons and finally the end of the practice in the early 1900s. Mrs. Chaokas emphasized to the class of Principal Julian Chumacog, that Christianity and education helped end the practice. To cap off the documentary, the students performed the Bontoc War Dance.

France 3 TV staff moved to Kalinga to follow on the story and end the documentary in Banaue, Ifugao.

SVS Khangsa
Gretchen Kadchao/Jasedine Alngangeo

cbenna

View user profile http://svesbatch2005-06.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Lucky me to have been offered to work with these French Journalists here in Paris to translate their interesting video documentations taken in the Philippines, particularly in the Cordillera. I must say, It's a new thing with new stuffs to learn. It's not the main job I do here but with my work experience in the media industry it's really a great oppurtunity to work with the field you immesely loved and enjoyed. The transcription of the Bontoc culture and the legacy of the headhunters (tatoos,descendants) which was taken in the barangay Bontoc Ili where Mr. Alex Fana-ang, the Barangay Chairman of Bontoc Ili gave a brief explanation about the practice of headhunting in the olden times. He further discussed the resolution about the peace pact treaty (pechen) between Bontoc and Kalinga.

Alexander Fana-ang, Barangay Chairman of Bontoc Ili being interviewed by Laila and Morad of French TV
Channel

Bontoc folks enjoying the morning coffee in front the Bontoc, Municipal Hall

During a flag ceremony at the Saint Vincent's School, Bontoc

Charlene and I during my first day of working with the team.

Celine, me and Morad during our break time in the editing studio.

The translation of the footages taken from Mountain Province, Ifugao and Kalinga took us two weeks to finished. The editing and mixing of background music and voice over is on its process. As I watched the editor does the final editing, I'm with great awe how well he works on the stuff. I can't barely wait with the whole story to be finished and published. But it will be all done in about two months.

French TV Channel 5 promised to give an original copyrighted CD for Saint Vincent's School aside from the copy to be given to the Mr. Joel Fagsao, the Chief Administrator of www.mountainprovince.net and Bontoc, Ili ay Kalalaychan Fan Page (facebook). The school will be informed when the documentary movie will be uploaded at the French TV Channel website.

yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top