SVES: 100 YEARS OLD ON 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SVES: 100 YEARS OLD ON 2011

Post by yang-ew on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:55 pm

In preparation for the Saint Vincent´s Elementary School Centennial grand celebration, we are soliciting your suggestions as to what month is the best time to celebrate the event. Since 2011 is fast approaching we would love to hear from your side especially to those who wish to go home to attend the momentous event.

We gladly welcome suggestions from each one in order to come up with ideas that will contribute to the success of the celebration. There might be fund raising activities we have in mind then it´s time to speak up. The success of the grand home coming activities depend on us. Everything we share here, big or small are most welcome. Thus, count much!

Maawis tako ay sumuportar isnan khawis ay infanakhan nan alumni school tako! Speak up your mind and your heart desire. WE can make it if WE are one in vision and mission.
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Re: SVES: 100 YEARS OLD ON 2011

Post by yang-ew on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Friends,

2011 is nearing by the way. this tool will be of great help...

Anyway, may i ask for suggestments nu anya ti best month na we hold the homecoming so i will relay it to the alumni president Col. Anacleto Tangilag... for me, March I think is best, maybe 3rd or 4th week... i say this coz 1st week of April is Lang-ay Festival... para naman we can also witness and participate sa Lang-ay...

Thanks.

pao tumapang
SVHS 95

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: 2011 Grand Homecoming. SVES Centennial Anniversary

helo manong pao, gud thing inparemind moh... well march is perfect month atleast
bakasyon et d ken tym for lang-ay... double purpose...

regards...

Dione
SVHS 2007

Last edited by yang-ew on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: SVS Alumni, Bontoc e-group invitation
"dacyon@netzero.net"
ViewThursday, August 20, 2009 2:40:59 PM

Here´s an email I just received from Mr. & Mrs. Basilio Cabradilla from USA.

¨yes we are and we are from class 63 and 62 respectively. we would like to hear more of your plans for the 2011 homecoming and the centennial of the elementary school thanks¨

I have invited them to register here. Hope they´ll be joining us in the forum discussion anytime.

Last edited by yang-ew on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by anitoe27 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:09 am

For me summer is the best time to go home and celebrate the momentous event. This way we could spend a longer vacation with our family, friends and love ones..........
anitoe27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

We'll come. Just post the necessary information here. One more thing, this site should be coordinating closely with the school authorities so that there will be no confusion. In fact, I myself is confused with regards to this site because I don't see any message from any of the school authorities endorsing this site to its graduates and students in general. There should have been a close coordination between the web administration and the Saint Vincent's School administration since the school's logo and the picture of St. Vincent are used in the homepage. The site looks very good and I congratulate everyone involved in its creation, but, to make it official and credible, the approval and endorsement of the Saint Vincent's School administration should have been obtained.
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 am

Thank you sir for the inputs! Indeed we are in close coordination with the SVS principals. Mr. Julian Chumacog-SVHS principal furnished us the mission, vision statements and the school history and Mr. Christopher Che-es, SVES principal provided us the school logo when we were designing the website. It was the set of PTA-Parents & Teachers Association officers 2006-07 who projected the creation of an official school website. Due to unlimited time and without having someone who would really sit down and work on it left the project undone. Now that we have better access and with willing people to work with; pushed us to finish the unaccomplished job.

I believe we are not creating any confusion here. So far we have not posted contradicting or misleading issues. This website was created for all SVS alumni to post their concerns, comments, suggestions, proposals or reactions about the topic posted on this forum. Whatever we discuss here are based on school programs and plans that already existed and currently happening. We strongly believe the credibility of the Alumni Association officers who spearhead the planning and organizing of the school projects, especially on the preparation of the future Centenary celebration of SVES on 2011. In this regards, we are seeking their active participation through the help of the school principals to keep us posted, thus making the site alive.

We are also in constant contact with active Vincentians like Fr. Andrew Claver, Mr. Julio Acofo, Stela Chumacog and Soraya Faculo for updates.

With regards to the approval and endorsement? There was no formal announcement or proclamation. Just like I said, since this was a proposed SVS-PTA school project two years ago, the school has supported it

Last edited by yang-ew on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:10 am; edited 3 times in total
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:45 am

Thank you very much for the clarification. Like my message posted elsewhere here, I applaud what you and your team have done to bring up this website. I'm sure SVS would be very proud of you, its graduates, for dedicating this website to her. As graduates of SVS (batch 60 and 63), we will be visiting this site regularly for news.
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:14 am

Yamanen mi ages ken dakayo sir for joining us here. We greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions. I for one always believe in the wisdom of the elders and so we love to hear from your end. Warmest regards to you both in that part of the world. Keep us posted if there are development from your batch. I´m sure everybody will be happy to hear the news. Salamuch kasin...
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:12 pm

I can't make any suggestion here except to say that it's only logical that those present in Bontoc have to do the planning, preparation and implementation since the event is going to be held there. They are in a better situation to decide as to when the celebration will take place. For all we know, they may have already started organizing themselves for this event. What we need to know however, is how are they faring in their preparations and how we, who are not there among them could assist in some way. Again, here is where we lack mutual exchange of information, and if they have knowledge of this website, they could have used this website to reach out and exchange info. From the looks of it, although it could be early, they may not need outside assistance at all.
As for me and my wife, we will surely attend as long as healthfully able. What we only need to know is the exact date the event will take place so that we can also prepare.
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 pm

I suggest that we assign somebody who is based in Bontoc to update us on the progress of this planning. Gerberge is often online and I believe she can feed us some information regarding the planning of the SVES centenary celebration.

Gen, I believe you are closely connected with the school because you are with the SVS Family Council. Mubfalin met siguro ay cham itapi ay mangipadamag sina akhes nan akit ay chayo planuwen
para isnan big event on 2011. The earlier we post the exact date, at least graduates who are far from home can plan ahead of time...Salamuch!!!
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top